Jalapeno Chicken Skillet Meal
- 16 ounce boneless + skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 ounce broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded + diced
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine the seasonings: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined well.
- Add olive oil to a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the seasoning mixture onto the raw chicken.
- Add the chicken thighs to the skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add butter, broccoli, onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic to the skillet.
- Stir this together and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, and cream cheese to the vegetables and stir together. Lower the temperature to low.
- Stir together until well combined. Add half of the shredded cheese and stir well.
- Add the cooked chicken to the skillet then add the rest of the shredded cheese on top.
- Don’t stir and put a lid over the skillet. Let this simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Garnish with jalapeno peppers and diced onions.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Low Carb Jalapeno Chicken Skillet Meal. Each serving comes out to be 523 calories, 40.2g fat, 9.4g net carbs, and 31.2g protein.