Low Carb Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cut in half
- ½ cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Crush up your pork rinds in a Ziploc bag.
- In a bowl, put your pork rind crumbs, 1/3 Cup Parm cheese, and pepper.
- In another bowl, crack an egg and scramble it well.
- Mix the pork rind ingredients up to make sure it will coat the chicken evenly.
- Dip your chicken into the egg mixture, then dip it into the pork rind crumb mixture. We’re doing a double-dip to ensure there will be a nice crust. Dip it in the egg mixture again, and again into the pork rinds.
- In a pan, put your olive oil and coconut oil. Turn to medium-high heat and let it get hot.
- Once the oil is hot, place your chicken inside. DON’T TOUCH IT! Let it sit here a while, almost until you smell burning. We want to make sure the crust gets nice and crisp.
- Once you smell that burning, flip it over and do the same to the other side. Once you smell burning again, you can flip it over a second time.
- Turn your heat down to the lowest setting, and let your chicken cook for about 6-7 minutes per side (depending on thickness of the chicken breast).
- Let your chicken cook until it’s just about done. I like to keep my chicken nice and moist inside, JUST over the pink side in the center – but this is completely up to your own preferences.
- Serve this up with your favorite sides and enjoy.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Low Carb Crispy Fried Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 575 Calories, 32.11g Fats, 1.07g Net Carbs, and 66.04g Protein.